A Guide to Getting Your Employees Forklift Training
All machinery operators need to receive proper training before being allowed to operate any device. If you are using forklifts in your business, you have to offer training to any new employee in charge with operating it.
Here is how to set about this task:
- Check Out OSHA Rules and How-To Guides
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) creates the rules for employee new and used forklifts Colorado training and certification. This is your starting point to find out what kind of training forklift operators need. You will also find many helpful downloadable materials, which explain what kind of skills forklift operators need to have and how to test them.
- Create Your Own Training Program
If you don’t want to spend money on outsourcing forklift training, you can develop your own plan in-house. In order to do so, make sure that:
- Evaluate hazards related to forklift operation at the workplace
- Write down step-by-step guide for operating, maintaining and inspecting the forklift
- Create an evaluation plan to check if the employees actually retained what they learned
- Consider refresher training modules on a periodic basis.
- Hire a Specialized Employee Training Company
If you do not want to go through the trouble of preparing your training program, you can hire a company to do that for you. Forklift Colorado training centers are OSHA certified and will deliver the exact type of instruction your employees need.