How Investing in Pallet Racking Can Help You Save Space
Pallet racking is a system for storing goods that uses pallets placed on special shelves, in horizontal rows that consist of multiple levels. The system is today common in all industry segments and business types, in manufacturing plants as well as in logistics and retail centers, the method being appreciated for its ability to maximize the usage of the available storage space.
Here is how:
- The pallet racking system in itself takes up very little space – the racks are made from resistant and durable steel profiles that are very thin and can extend all the way to the ceiling;
- Pallet racking uses space horizontally as well as vertically, thus maximizing storage capacity;
- Versatile sizing options – pallet racks come in a variety of sizes and types, so each warehouse can be fitted with the racks that suit the size of the pallets and of the products to be stored; You can look for companies that sell pallet racking and do your due diligence to make sure you get the best pricing.
- Pallet racking is adaptable – many pallet racking systems are easy to assemble and to disassemble and they are also freely customizable to meet changed needs;
- Easy usage and high visibility – these features contribute to streamlining business process and to maximizing the flow of products in and out of the warehouse.