How to Make Your Warehouse Truly Efficient: 5 Steps to Get There
Warehouse efficiency is a big thing these days, especially among fiercely competing large and medium sized companies. Consider the following five tips for making your warehouse truly efficient:
- Keep Things Flexible: From operations to storing items, handling inventory tasks and managing labels, warehouse work has evolved greatly in recent years. It’s no longer just about storing goods, but also about loading and unloading speed, accuracy in keeping track and managing items, and the ability to keep up with the changing market.
- Technology to Remove Errors: Do your best to implement new technologies and scanning tools to minimize human error and ensure that you can properly keep track of all your inventory.
- Use ABC Analysis: Also known as the Inventory Categorization Method, ABC Analysis is a method that places a hierarchy on your most valuable items assigning them to the “A-stock,” which is high priority, big ticket stock. A-stock will always have priority over B or C-stock, so you can make sure to always stock up on the most important items that are highest in demand.
- Worker Incentives: Let’s face it, warehouse work can be hard, and if you don’t care for your workers, you’ll find them quickly moving to your competition. Use incentives such as productivity-based bonuses to keep that from happening.
- Safety Culture: Respected warehouse liquidation companies insist that regardless of productivity, safety must come first. Creating a safety culture will ensure that your workers are more confident, decisive and productive, as their safety is ensured by accountable and skilled warehouse managers.